Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel Test
In cancers with familial inheritance, the detection of the gene that may cause cancer in the diagnosis and treatment phase is a guide in treatment and follow-up, and it is effective in increasing the life span of the patient. Performing the genomic test in a reliable laboratory is as important as the correct interpretation of the result, as well as with an appropriate cost. The Hereditary Cancer Panel Test (84 gene panel test) in Liv Hospital Ulus is carried out by one of the laboratories in the USA that implement the most reliable CLIA and CAP standards. Many prestigious medical centers, universities and hospitals in the USA serve their patients by advancing with the relevant tests. If it is necessary, our physicians can consult with the genetic consultant in the USA for detailed interpretation of the test. In addition to data security, the laboratory, which has one of the largest gene libraries, is shared with the patient when new data on the gene is obtained as a result of studies.
Results are obtained within 3 weeks after the blood or saliva sample taken from the patient in Liv Hospital Ulus is sent to the USA.
1. When the patient or her relative who is under the age of 50 has breast, colorectal or uterine cancer
When should a genetic test be performed?
2. If there are many organs with cancer in one person
3. Those with ovarian, pancreatic, metastastic prostate cancer, thyroid cancer, triple negative breast cancer or male breast cancer
4. In those with cancers in both the same organ, for example two breast, two kidney cancers
5. In the presence of more than 10 gastrointestinal (gastrointestinal) polyps
1. To start Organ-specific scans for gene presence detection early and as a result detecting the cancer early Early detected cancer can be cured completely
Why genetic testing should be performed?
2. That is because there is a possibility of preventing cancer with drugs
3. Since there is a possibility of altering effective chemotherapy in cancer patients.
4. To reduce the risk of cancer and therefore the risk of death by surgery in cancer patients
5. Since there is a possibility to participate in drug studies that are in the research stage when the cancer gene is detected
Lifelong Cancer Risk for Hereditary Cancer