Excimer Laser Unit
Laser TechnologiesExcimer Laser technology is the most common method used in the treatment of myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism and applied all over the world in refractive surgery.
Who can undergo laser treatment?
- 18 years of age, wearing glasses or contact lenses
- Eye grades have not changed more than +/- 0.5 diopters in the last 1 year
- Those with myopia up to -10 degrees
- Hypermetropia up to +5 degrees
- Corneal thickness and adequate corneal structure
- Those without systemic discomfort such as diabetes, rheumatism
- No other diseases in the eyes (keratoconus, glaucoma, etc.)
- Non-pregnant women
- As a result of the examinations and examinations, laser treatment can be applied to the people who have eye structure and surgery.
Front Step for LaserIn order to determine the degree of suitability for surgery, detailed ophthalmologic examination (drip and drip) and detailed examinations are performed to our patients who applied to our hospital for being a laser. As a result, the degree of suitability for surgery is determined and the appropriate laser method is recommended.
Laser Treatment Methods
FemtoLasikThis method is the method of corneal layer on the upper surface of the flap under the name of the formation of a thin flap and corneal tissue surface under the cover of the excimer laser is applied to correct the degree of eye correction. This method is performed by topical anesthesia (drop anesthesia) without needle and suture process. The patient does not feel any pain during and after the operation.
Femtosecond LasikIt is the name given to the process of forming the valve with the help of intralase (femtosecond laser). Femtosecond is one of the most important stages of laser surgery. The advantages of this method are that the flap intended for treatment is to be formed at the desired area and quality without blades and the risks at the stage of obtaining the flap are minimal.
Femtosecond Wavefront LaserFemtosecond wavefront laser method, Femtosecond Lasik method is applied to the person (wavefront technique) is applied.
Wavefront Tekniği (Personalized Laser Technology)
It is a laser treatment method which is performed by measuring the results obtained with the wavefront analysis devices and transferring the results to the excimer laser device without touching. Femtosecond wavefront laser method is the combination of today's most up-to-date laser technology and personalized therapy wavefront technology.
No Touch PRKIt is a method of number correction by applying laser to the area formed after removal of the epithelial tissue which is the membrane tissue at the top of the cornea layer.
PTK (Treatment of Corneal Stain / Irregularities)Corneal stains may occur as a result of some diseases or eye injuries. In this case, in order to remove these stains, the eye is applied with the technique called PTK. The stains must be superficial to make PTK possible. When the stains are in the deeper layers of the cornea, PTK is not applicable, corneal transplantation is required.
PTK can be used for
- Eye injuries
- Corneal infections (corneal germ)
- Hereditary corneal diseases called dystrophy
- Repetitive epithelial erosion syndrome (corneal injury once opened, then spontaneous opening)
- Corneal stain in the eye after pterygium surgery
- Corneal surface irregularities
Before The Laser Treatment, The Patient Should Pay Attention ToThe patient should not use perfume / deodorant before laser surgery.
The patient should not wear make-up on arrival.
If the patient uses contact lenses, they should remove their lenses some time before they come to the examination. If he uses soft lens, he should remove contact lenses for 3 days-1 week and 10 days-3 weeks if using hard lens.
The patient should not use blood thinning medication (aspirin, etc.) one day before the operation and the surgery, and should not drink alcohol.
There is no harm in eating the patient before laser surgery.
The patient should be separated by an average of 3-4 hours.
Patients should not come using the vehicle on the day of surgery. If possible, a companion should be present.
Patients may prefer to have UV-protected sunglasses with them to avoid uncomfortable post-operative light.
Patient Should Take Into Consideration After Laser Treatment
- The patient should come to the first day after laser treatment.
- The patient does not need his eyes closed after the treatment.
- There are medications / drops that the patient should use after the treatment.
- In the first 24 hours after treatment, our patient should not scrub, scratch, wash and bath.
- The patient should not make eye makeup for 1 week after laser treatment.
- The patient can enter the sea and pool as of the 20th day after the laser treatment.
- The patient can use contact lenses for cosmetic purposes. However, it is useful to use it at least 1 month after the treatment and under the supervision of a doctor.