The Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery (Pediatric Brain and Nerve Surgery) is a specialized branch of the brain, nerve and spinal cord diseases that require surgical intervention in childhood.
Liv Hospital Ulus Pediatric Neurosurgery Department was reorganized in a different understanding within the Department of Brain and Nerve Surgery. The department, which provides uninterrupted service to child patients, works in cooperation with other departments. With its experienced team, special pediatric services, newborn and pediatric intensive care units and state-of-the-art operating theaters, it provides solutions to all kinds of simple or complex diseases in a short time.
In the section, all surgical problems related to brain and nerve surgery of all children from the baby to the age of 18 are evaluated as a team. Department of Pediatrics, Newborn (Perinatology) Unit, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Oncology, Child Psychiatry, Pediatric Urology, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation, Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, The Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology works in close cooperation with the Department of Neuroradiology and other related branches. Patients are evaluated and resolved on common platforms with current and efficient scientific methods.
In Liv Hospital Pediatric Neurosurgery (Pediatric Neurosurgery) Clinic, brain and spinal cord problems of all children up to the age of 18, Pediatrics, Neonatal, Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Urology, Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation, Anesthesiology and Reanimation Departments, Neuroradiology, Interventional Neuroradiology, It is handled in close cooperation with Orthopedics, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Oncology, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Departments.
Interests of Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Congenital, congenital disorders of the brain and spinal cord
- Treatment and follow-up of children born with spina bifida, myelomeningocele, open back
- Tense spinal cord, tethered cord syndrome, closed forms of spina bifida
- neonatal surgery
- Treatment of hydrocephalus, cerebrospinal fluid circulation disorder and fluid collection in the brain, shunt surgery and endoscopic third ventriculostomy ETV, E3V
- Arachnoid Cysts
- Chiari malformations, prolapse of the cerebellum
- Craniosynostoses, skull deformities
- Selective dorsal rhizotomy attempts in childhood movement disorders, spasticity and cerebral palsy, CP patients
- Brain and spinal cord tumors
- Vascular disorders in children, arterio-venous malformation AVM, cavernoma, aneurysm, moya-moya disease
- epilepsy surgery
- Neurotrauma, head and spine trauma
- Characteristics of the Pediatric Neurosurgery Team
- Liv Hospital Brain and Nerve Surgery Clinic continues its clinical, academic and scientific studies with its staff of Istinye University Faculty of Medicine Neurosurgery Department. The highest level of service is provided to many patients in many subjects from our country and abroad.