Liv Hospital Pediatric Orthopaedic Clinic deals with the diagnosis and treatment of muscular and skeletal system diseases that occur due to congenital or acquired neurological, infectious, tumoral, traumatic and other causes in childhood. At Liv Hospital, a Pediatric Orthopedic Specialist works for children and young adult patients.
It deals with the surgical treatment of all kinds of musculoskeletal system (bone, joint, ligament, muscle and tendon) problems in the period from birth to transition to adult age group in children. The most important difference that distinguishes it from adult orthopedics and Traumatology is that it deals with problems of the musculoskeletal system that are already growing.
What is pediatric orthopedics?
If your child is suspected of having gait disorder, hip joint problem, limp, leg curvature or deformity, length difference between legs, foot deformity, posture disorder, spine deformity, bone fractures, joint dislocations, bone and joint infections, or muscle-bone tumor, a pediatric orthopedist should be consulted. Also for diseases in chlidren as developmental retardation, neuromuscular diseases (cerebral palsy, spina bifida), skeletal dysplasia, brittle bone disease, osteoporosis, or other syndromes, pediatric orthopedist as part of the multidisciplinary team in the treatment plays an important role.
When should consult to pediatric orthopedics?
In Liv Hospital Pediatric Orthopedics clinic, the main goal is to ensure the patient's return to normal life without sequelae in the long term by performing diagnosis and treatment in a short period of time. Many of the orthopedic problems that occur in adulthood are caused by pediatric orthopedic diseases that have not been diagnosed, adequately treated, or properly monitored in childhood. For this reason, pediatric orthopedics also have an important place in terms of reducing adult orthopedic problems. Pediatric Orthopedics is one of the most basic and important areas of orthopedic surgery and occupies an important place in community health.
Purpose; diagnosis and treatment as soon as possible
• Treatment of bone deformities and shortness (deformity correction and bone lengthening)
What diseases does it deal with?
• Treatment of orthopedic problems caused by neurological diseases in children (Cerebral palsy, spina bifida)
• Treatment of congenital and developmental extremity anomalies (Blount's disease, tibia vara, fibular hemimelia, tibial hemimelia, congenital short femur, congenital tibial pseudoarthrosis, polydactyly, fingertip walking)
• Treatment of pediatric foot-ankle problems (Pes equinovarus, flatfoot, tarsal coalition, hallux valgus)
• Treatment of hip problems in children and young adults (Developmental hip dysplasia, Perthes disease, slipped capital femoral epiphysis,coxa vara)
• Treatment of fractures and fractures-related complications in childhood
• Childhood spinal disorders treatment
• Treatment of genetic and metabolic bone diseases in childhood (Osteogenesis imperfecta, rickets, mucopolysaccharidosis, skeletal dysplasia)