Thread Face Lift
Youngness Without Pain; Thread Face LiftAs the volume and collagen in our face decrease with aging, sagging and wrinkles of the face become prominent. Non-surgical thread face lift method provides pain free, hurt free beauty and youngness. Thread face lift, an easy and safe esthetics procedure that is performed to lift or stretch the sagging parts of the face; is performed with thick, spiny or conic threads. This method, which is widely used all over the world, does not keep the individual away from their social life.
First, local anesthesia is applied to the application field and then the places there the thread will be placed are marked. Number of threads are determined according to face anatomy and severity of the current sagging and the special threads chosen are placed to the subcutaneous layers under fully sterile conditions with special needle or cannula.
How is the thread face lift application carried out?
Right after the threads are placed and pulled an appropriate bit, the effect immediately becomes visible. Its effect lasts an average of two years. Threads form new collagen fibers around where they are placed while they dissolve. Formation of collagen fibers increases to maximum in approximately 3 months and anti-aging becomes more prominent. The method provides both lifting of the skin and improvement in skin quality. It can be applied again when necessary.
When does its effect become visible?
The effect of this method lasts approximately 2 years and it depends on many different factors such as age, the site applied, degree of loss of elasticity, life style, smoking and can vary from individual to individual. It can be combined with many cosmetic procedures before, during or after the procedure, especially with Botox.
How long does it last on average?
In what situations non-surgical thread face lifting is preferred?
- Brow lift
- Lifting sagged cheek
- Lifting the nose tip
- Reducing the cavity extending from the edge of the nose to edge of the lip, also known as nasolabial line
- Reducing the cavity extending from the edge of lip to chin, which is also called Marionette line
- Fixation of jaw line
- Fixation of sagging in double chin and neck
The procedure takes approximately 30-60 minutes depending on the number of threads the individual needs.
How long does the application take?
As there are many types of threads and methods of administration, a physician with experience and expertise should decide which is best for the patient. The threads used are PDO (polydioxanone) surgical threads which are proven to be suitable for health.
What products are used?
The application of the method is easy and quite safe. Slight pain, bruising, dimpling in the place where the thread is pulled can be expected after the procedure of thread face lifting and these are all temporary. Infection, swelling, becoming tender or feeling numbness are possible side effects and asymmetric results or results less prominent than expected may be observed. Swelling, bruises and tenderness may occur in the area where the application was performed on. In some methods, cavities called dimples may form at the places where the thread needles enter. All these effects decline within 5-7 days.
Does thread face lift have side effects?
Pay attention to these after the application
- If there is pain, painkillers may be taken for 2-3 days.
- The patient can return to their daily life after the procedure, not applying any make of for the first day is recommended.
- Patients should not lie face down for the first couple weeks.
- The face should not be massaged or scrubbed harshly.
- Movements or mimics that requires excess opening of the mouth should not be performed (Over-smiling, yawning, chewing a gum etc.)
- Activities such as swimming, sauna/Turkish bath should not be performed.
- Should not take part in heavy sports activities.
- Should not undergo any tooth operations or face surgeries.