Oluşturma Tarihi: 31.07.2023 10:27
Candida infections, often known as yeast infections, are a widespread health issue that affects millions of people worldwide. These infections are primarily caused by Candida, a fungus found on the skin, in the digestive tract, and in the female genitalia. While Candida usually is harmless, specific causes can cause overgrowth, resulting in painful and often irritating symptoms.
Yeast infections can appear in numerous places of the woman's body like in vagina, as male yeast infection. They can, however, impact other areas, such as the skin, nails, and even the bloodstream, especially in people with weakened immune systems.
Vaginal Yeast Infection: An Overview
A vulvovaginal yeast infection, also known as vulvovaginal candidiasis, is a common health issue that many women face at some point in their lives. This common ailment develops when the vaginal microbe balance is disrupted, resulting in an overgrowth of the fungus Candida albicans.
Candida albicans is a yeast that lives in the vaginal cavity alongside different microorganisms. Under normal conditions, these bacteria coexist peacefully, ensuring a healthy vaginal environment. Certain conditions, however, can break this delicate balance, causing the Candida population to expand rapidly and cause unpleasant symptoms.
Discover effective yeast infection treatments with our expert medical staff in Istanbul. Book your consultation now!
How Do You Get A Yeast Infection?
A variety of circumstances can cause a vaginal yeast infection. Check the list below if you are wondering what causes yeast infection:
- Antibiotics: Antibiotic use can alter the natural vaginal flora because medications kill harmful bacteria and diminish the number of helpful bacteria that keep yeast at bay.
- Changes in hormone levels: Changes in hormone levels during pregnancy, menstrual cycles, or menopause might affect the vaginal environment, making yeast growth more likely.
- Uncontrolled diabetes: Diabetes makes diabetic women more prone to repeated yeast infections because high blood sugar levels provide an ideal habitat for yeast to thrive.
- Weakened immune system: A weakened immune system caused by illnesses like HIV/AIDS or certain drugs might increase the risk of yeast infections.
- Excessive washing: Excessive washing or harsh soaps in the genital area might disrupt the natural balance of vaginal flora.
Experience exceptional care for yeast infections in Istanbul. Don't let discomfort hold you back - book a consultation with our experienced medical staff and start your journey to wellness.
Yeast Infection Symptoms
Among the most frequent signs of yeast infection are:
- Itching and Irritation: Itching and irritation in and around the vaginal area and the vulva are common signs of a vaginal yeast infection. This itching can be intense and irritating, causing a constant need to scratch.
- Vaginal Discharge: Women who have a yeast infection may have unusual vaginal discharge. The yeast infection discharge is frequently thick, white, and of cottage cheese consistency. Although it has no discernible odor, some women may detect a faint yeasty fragrance.
- Redness and Swelling: Due to the irritation caused by yeast overgrowth, the vulva, and vaginal tissues may become red, swollen, and irritated.
- Discomfort During Urination: While urinating, some women may feel a burning sensation. This pain is caused by inflamed and sensitive vaginal tissues.
- Yeast Infection Sores and Pain: The vaginal area may feel sore and tender to the touch because of the infection's inflammation and irritation.
- Discomfort During Intercourse: Vaginal yeast infections can make sexual intercourse painful and uncomfortable due to the inflammation and increased sensitivity of the vaginal tissues.
Discover effective yeast infection treatments with our expert medical staff in Istanbul. Book your consultation now and take the first step toward optimal health!
How To Get Rid Of Yeast Infection: Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatments
The following are some popular therapeutic options:
There are treatments available without a prescription and come in various forms, including creams, ointments, suppositories, and vaginal pills. These can be used to cure symptoms at home and to treat the illness by directly targeting the Candida fungus. Your healthcare practitioner may prescribe stronger antifungal medications if your infection is severe or recurring.
Your healthcare professional may recommend maintenance therapy if you have recurring yeast infections or chronic infections. It entails taking a lower dose of antifungal medicine over an extended time to avoid new infections.
Home Remedies And Lifestyle Modifications:
In addition to medication, specific home remedies and lifestyle modifications may aid in the relief of symptoms and the prevention of future infections. These could include:
- Keeping the vaginal area clean and dry by practicing proper hygiene.
- Douches, scented soaps, and harsh genital products should be avoided.
- Wearing breathable cotton pants and avoiding apparel that is too tight.
- Avoid consuming sugary foods and processed carbs as yeast thrives on sugar.
- Take probiotics or eat yogurt with live cultures to promote the growth of good bacteria in the digestive tract.
In cases of recurring yeast infections, it may be suitable for both spouses to receive treatment simultaneously to avoid reinfection.
Say goodbye to yeast infections with tailored treatment plans from our skilled medical team in Istanbul. Schedule your consultation today to find relief and regain comfort.
Liv Hospital: Best Medical Facility For Yeast Infection Treatment
Liv Hospital is an excellent option for treating yeast infections in Turkey. With a network of 7 hospitals across Turkey, Liv Hospital is well-known for its commitment to worldwide quality in healthcare, as accurately symbolized by its slogan, "Leading International Vision." Their cutting-edge facilities, world-class medical skills, and patient-centered approach offer a comprehensive and first-rate healthcare experience for people seeking effective and compassionate treatment for yeast infections.
Contact us to learn more about yeast infection treatment prices in Turkey 2023!