Perinatology (Risky Pregnancy)
Perinatology is a department that disciplines the approach to be made to patients who are at risk, who are interested in the health status of the mother and fetus (baby in the womb) during the pregnancy process and the perinatal period, including the prenatal and the first four weeks after birth, with the expectant mothers who have risk factors and planning pregnancy, and It is a science that offers treatment. In Liv Hospital Gaziantep Perinatology Department, successful treatments and deliveries are being done with modern treatment methods and our expert physician staff.
Who are the patients at risk?
Mothers with systemic disease
• Sugar (Most common)
• Blood pressure
• Renal diseases
• Heart Diseases
• Blood Coagulation Disorder (Thrombophilia)
Seen in the mother in her previous pregnancy
• Premature Birth
• Pregnancy Blood Pressure (Preeclampsia),
• Gestational Diabetes,
• Pregnancies such as miscarriages in the early weeks pose a risk.
In the Department of Perinatology (Risky Pregnancy);
• 4D-dimensional ultrasonographic evaluation
• Combined screening test and early fetal anomaly screening at 11-14 weeks of gestation
• Ultrasonography for fetal anomaly screening at 15-23 weeks of gestation
• Fetal growth and development evaluation and late fetal anomaly screening at 28-32 weeks of gestation
• Monochorionic twin pregnancy complications
• Erythrocyte Alloimmunization (Rh incompatibility), Diagnosis and treatment of fetal anemia (Transfusion)
• Threat of miscarriage, cervical incompetence, threat of preterm birth, premature rupture of membranes (rupture of the amniotic sac before birth and the beginning of water flow)
• Diagnosis, follow-up and management of fetal growth and development problems (Doppler USG)
• Follow-up and management of multiple pregnancies and their complications
• Placenta previa
• Diagnosis and management of problems (bleeding, etc.) during and after birth are being done.