The spine consists of 17 bones except the tail end. It is imperative to stand and to move. Any spinal problem may incapacitate daily physical activity. People may have spinal issues at any age. Most commons are spinal curvature problems like kyphosis and scoliosis at early ages, degenerative problems like hernia and unidentified back pain at middle ages and again degenerative issues and osteoporosis for elders. Spine is the most exposed bone to cancer in human body. Sometimes first diagnosis of cancer is made through spinal pain, a symptom caused by metastasis.
Successful results in deformity surgeryLiv Hospital Spine Surgery Clinic provides treatment services for degenerative spine problems, spinal curvature and fracture conditions in coordination with Physiotherapy, Neurology and Brain Nerve Surgery Clinics. Advanced deformity spine surgeries are attributed high level of risk in terms of complication possibility with respect to world average. The number of complication occurrence in advanced deformity surgeries at Liv Hospital Spine Surgery Clinic is zero
What are the treatment areas?
- Idiopathic scoliosis
- Scheuermann kyphosis
- Complex spine deformities
- Congenital deformities
- Early onset scoliosis and magnetic bar applications
- Tuberculosis sequel kyphosis
- Neuromuscular deformities
- Syndromical deformities
- Spinal degenerative problems
- Sudden developing back and neck pain solutions
- Minimal invasive operations
- Herniated disc and cervical disc hernia
- Slipped disc
- Spinal cord stenosis
- Aging spine
- Osteoporosis (bone loss) treatment
- Osteoporotic spine fractures
- Spinal trauma (fracture and injury) and related late deformities
- Spinal tumors and metastatic tumors in spine
- Spine infections
Spine health is a team workFormed by 33 joined spinal bones, the spine is the most important benchmark of general health because of both the supported structures and the consisted ones. Liv Hospital Spine Surgery Clinic has a 360 degrees approach to spinal health. A holistic perspective is adopted in Liv Hospital Spine Surgery Clinic where spinal surgery expert, algology expert, physiology expert and psychiatrist serve. Multi-disciplinary approach provides tailor made treatment options to the patients.
The most common spine diseases
- Degenerative spine diseases such as hernia or lumbar hernia
- Spinal curvatures such as scoliosis or kyphosis
- Trauma of the spine
- Tumors of the spine
- Spine infections
When should we consult a doctor?
- Low back pain and pain spreading to the leg
- Neck pain and back pain to the arms
- Numbness and weakness in the legs
- Numbness and weakness in hands
- Shoulder imbalance
- Breast asymmetry
- Posture disorder
Liv Hospital Spine Unit was named AOSpine Training CenterLiv Hospital Spine Surgery was selected to the first foreign fellow program of the Aospine Spine Surgery Center in many European countries such as France and Germany.
We went through a rigorous studyAOSpine Europe in Switzerland, which conducts studies on the advanced training of spine surgery and specialists in the world, makes studies for the training of spine surgeons in different countries. It selects some centers with competencies in spine surgery as spine surgery training centers. AOSpine, an association that is widely accepted and widespread around the world, makes its selection in a neutral and meticulous manner. In the selection of a center, the number of cases, case diversity, multidisciplinary approach possibilities and scientific publications of the center are taken into consideration.
How does the training process work?Spine surgeons from different countries of the world refer their resumes to the AOSpine center. After the evaluation at the AOSpine center, their CVs arrive at the relevant center. If deemed appropriate, the surgoun comes for spine surgery training at the Liv Hospital Spine Surgery Clinic.
Scoliosis in children (curvature of spine)Children before the age of 10 with scoliosis (curvature of spine) may have many problems such as respiratory problems. Scoliosis, which starts at an early age, may progress rapidly depending on physical development of the child. Watchful parents can easily understand whether their children have scoliosis or not. Due to early diagnosis it can be treated at an early age.
- Hairing on the back, color changes and dimples
- Balance disorder
- Tread protrusion when forward bending
- Inequality of each shoulder level
- Side posture on waist or hips
- Disproportionate posture of legs